How We Can Help
Percent of youth aged 16 and older with an IEP that includes measurable, postsecondary goals and transition services that will reasonably enable the student to meet his/her postsecondary goals.
Percent of youth who had IEPs, are no longer in secondary school and who have been competitively employed, enrolled in some type of postsecondary school, or both, within one year of leaving high school.
Onsite: Teacher Focused Services
Working with individual and/or small groups of teachers multiple times throughout the year on district needs and priorities. Topics covered can include:
- Facilitate professional development on IDEA transition requirements for staff, parents and community members;
- Conduct IEP reviews and assist with goal writing;
- Review formal and informal transition assessment;
- Provide technical assistance and resource information.
Onsite: Student Focused Services
Facilitating student transition activities with small groups of students during their resource time. Topics covered can include:
- Develop a transition portfolio;
- Learn about what makes a good employee;
- Practice interview techniques and review job finding skills and related technology;
- Review accommodations available in post-secondary education;
- Develop a transition statement for their next IEP meeting;
- Learn strategies to facilitate their IEP meeting.