How We Can Help
- Work with 3-5 schools to increase reading achievement (Indicator 3) for students with disabilities
- Host Regional Service Network Meetings built around current trends and topics in special education or pupil services
- Participation in the Regional Service Network Grant activities that support DPI initiatives
- Provide technical assistance for the Procedural Compliance Self-Assessment (PCSA), statewide assessments, and disproportionality in special education
- Support new Directors of Special Education/Pupil Services
The RSN began during the 1984-85 school year and has since been annually funded to provide leadership, professional development, technical assistance and communication to all local education agencies (LEAs) within each CESA.
In 2012-13, RSNs began working with local education agencies (LEAs) to target areas of need with respect to Indicator 1 (graduation). Beginning in 2013-14, RSNs in collaboration with other federal grant staff began supporting Local Education Agencies (LEAs) with Indicator 3c (reading performance for students with IEPs).
At the CESA level, Special Education Regional Service Network Coordinators work collaboratively with IDEA discretionary grant staff, including:
Wisconsin Statewide Parent-Educator Initiative (WSPEI), Early Childhood Program Support, Transition Improvement Grant (TIG), Response to Intervention (RtI) Center; and The Network to align improvement efforts.