Day One — Implementation Foundations for Coaches and Principals (C100)
This training is designed to provide building administrators and coaches a basic understanding of RTI for behavior: Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports (PBIS).
- Examine current system and how it aligns with PBIS
- Determine leadership and coaching skills necessary for systems change
- Understand roles of the PBIS team required to support implementation
- Know how to collect student outcome & fidelity data
- Use data to create precision statements as part of a problem solving model
Days Two & Three — Universal Team Training (U100/U200)
The school PBIS Team, including administrator and coaches (internal and external), participate in these 2 training days which consists of intense, interactive activity-based preparation for implementation of school-wide PBIS. These work days will focus not only on the technical changes required to implement a PBIS system, but also on the belief systems and mindsets needed to create a positive school culture. Teams will leave the training with an understanding of the essential components of a multi-tiered system of support that provide behavior supports to all students.
Day Four — Universal Team Training (U300)
Participants will revisit essential school-wide systems and use data to assess current implementation. During training, teams will:
- Learn a process to use student outcome data to support positive school-wide behavior
- Use self-assessment tools to guide implementation
- Establish effective stakeholder communication systems
- Align classroom procedures with school-wide behavior systems