The CESA 6 Curriculum Project: Leadership and Learning Analysis is an audit and evaluation in the areas of curriculum and instruction as well as leadership, assessment and accountability. Results are compiled and reviewed by CESA 6 coordinators with histories of successful district leadership. Collected data is analyzed and reported by CESA 6 coordinators to provide each district with a customized and individualized review.
How We Can Help
Extensive Review and Report based on Three Primary Areas:
Curriculum and Instruction
- 1.1 The district ensures implementation of a common districtwide curriculum that is aligned with state standards.
- 1.2 The district ensures that a rigorous curriculum is provided to all students.
- 1.3 The district implements a process for monitoring, evaluating, and revising curriculum.
- 1.4 The district communicates clearly defined elements of effective instruction and monitors to ensure implementation.
- 1.5 The district implements a comprehensive system of supports for effective instruction for all students.
Assessment and Accountability
- 2.1 The district implements an assessment system with multiple types of aligned measures.
- 2.2 The district provides an effective data infrastructure.
- 2.3 The district analyzes data and uses results to make instructional program decisions.
- 2.4 The district holds administrators, teachers, and staff accountable for ensuring increased student achievement.
- 3.1 District leaders have shared beliefs, vision, and mission that focus on high expectations of success for all students.
- 3.2 District leaders implement and promote a strategic planning process in the development and implementation of district and school performance plans.
- 3.3 District leaders and the local governing board promote and demonstrate a collaborative approach to determining policies student achievement.
- 3.4 District leaders implement a transparent budget process that results in effective allocation of resources to support student achievement.
- 3.5 District leaders effectively recruit, assign, support, evaluate, and retain personnel.
- 3.6 District leaders establish and support a district-wide culture and climate that is conducive to student achievement.
- Collection of data via survey (usually 1-2 weeks, depending on time of year)
- Principals, Teachers, Students, Parents, Board of Education
- Collection of artifacts (1-2 weeks, provided by district based on a list of recommendations provided by CESA 6 staff)
- CESA 6 data analysis and recommendations
- To be received approximately 4 weeks following data collection. The analysis and recommendations will be shared via deliverable reports as well as in a face to face meeting. Deliverables are outlined below.
- Detailed Rubric indicating areas of strength and opportunity
- Data analysis summary report with an analysis of each indicator with evidence
- Key Insights