How We Can Help
The role of the CESA 6 Curriculum, Instruction and Assessment services is to provide leadership, structures, and support in the facilitation, development, implementation, and coordination of services that:
- Embed 21st Century Learning Skills in a continuous improvement model
- Assist districts with comprehensive planning to move learning initiatives forward
- Promote tools and processes that foster data analysis and decision-making
- Provide comprehensive standards-based curriculum, instruction, assessment and feedback programming to districts (i.e. grade level/course benchmarks, benchmark assessments, scoring to benchmarks, unit design, curriculum mapping)
- Facilitate a variety of staff development opportunities based on research and best practices: high school redesign, differentiated instruction, assessment literacy, instructional strategies, unit design (UBD), and How To’s of 21st Century Learning. All courses are aligned to the Wisconsin Academic Standards and Wisconsin Educator Standards
Customizable Data Services for School Districts:
WISEnav Workshop for Administrators
Explore the navigation of WISEdash, MDAT and SAFE. This one-day training can be crafted for Administration teams to dig into the WKCE results and other data generated by the WI DPI’s online data tools. A critical focus of digging deep into the school report card to find the data that matches the results will be taught and modeled. Participants will learn how to capture data pictures and ask important data questions.
WISEnav Workshop for Teachers or District Teams
Explore the navigation of WISEdash and MDAT. This one-day training can be crafted for Administration teams to dig into the WKCE results and other data generated by the WI DPI’s online data tools. A critical focus of digging deep into the school report card to find the data that matches the results will be taught and modeled. Participants will learn how to capture data pictures and ask important data questions.
WISExplore Data Retreat
Digging deeper into a school’s data through the WISExplore Data Inquiry Process allows participants to move far past navigation of their WKCE and other data results. Participants will capture data pictures and trends and drill into the root problems that their data generates. Making connections to school improvement planning will allow district participants to make data driven decisions for the betterment of their students.
School Report Card Exploration
We will lead your district team through autopsy of the school report card. Indicator, by indicator, we will look at scores and then dig into the data that created them.
School Report Card for School Boards
A short indicator by indicator explanation of your report card will be provided for your board members. Sample data packets, with highlights of report card data and district improvement planning goals, will be created and provided for district level leaders to share with their boards as well.
PLC Data Planning
Leadership teams will explore data on a month-to-month basis. Leading school teams through dashboards, indicators, and data decision making will help develop more data-savvy school leadership teams.
- Lead district, building, and individual staff development planning, train administrative teams in best practices regarding effective instructional feedback and supervision and evaluation