How We Can Help
CESA 6 AT tools and strategies may be used to augment the services presently being provided to students identified with needs in the areas of autism, DHH, EBD, LD, OHI, O&M, OT/PT and vision.
CESA 6 can help school districts:
- Support the IEP process by identifying technology options that may assist students with disabilities to maximize their learning.
- Assist staff, parents and students in locating needed assistive equipment that is available to purchase, buy, or use on a trial basis.
- Build collaborations and networking through the Assistive Technology Support Consortium.
- Provide professional development and resources related to Assistive Technology.
Specific services include:
- Developing a districtwide AT Team.
- Identifying low tech, low cost equipment to meet a variety of student needs.
- Offering reading and writing supports and accommodations for elementary students functioning at an emergent level in reading or writing; and reading accommodations for students in middle school and high school.
- Creating theme based make and take projects (choose a book or topic for your theme and then discover all the supports that can be made to support student learning based on this area).
- Using video modeling to create sequences or stories to facilitate learning of skills.