The elementary programs have two components: an academic component and a lifetime activity component. Our middle/high school programs have three components: an academic component, a work experience component and a lifetime activity component.
- Academic - core academic subject areas are taught.
- Lifetime Activities - the focus is on behavior.
Middle/High School: Academic
- Core academic subject areas are taught.
- Social skill instruction is major emphasis.
- Students earn grades which are then sent to home district for the awarding of credit.
- If student earns required # of credits home district awards diploma.
Middle/High School: Work Experience
- Students need to obtain a work permit.
- Participate in various activities in which they get paid - cleaning office building, cafeteria work, etc.
Elementary/Middle/High School: Lifetime Activities
- Activities that students can earn through completion of academic work and demonstrating appropriate behavior.
- Vary from fishing to camping, bowling, swimming, etc.
- Purpose of activities is to build relationships and also provide students with constructive activities which they can participate in throughout their lifetime.