Postion: Technology Support Specialist
Position Posted: August 10, 2016
When: Starting August/September, 2016
Where: Primary Office Location: Cooperative Educational Service Agency No. 6 (CESA 6) - Oshkosh Conference Center Office
Alternate Location: Offsite workshop locations and in CESA 6 districts as necessary
CESA 6 is seeking to employ a full-time Technology Support Specialist to work in our office beginning in August/September 2016, under the direction from the Director of IT Services.
Job responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Coordination of technology for agency workshops;
- Transporting requested technology to and from workshop locations, as needed;
- Visiting Agency workshop locations to set-up and take down any requested technology, including, but not limited to: laptops and required peripheral devices, launch software/files, Internet access, document cameras, sound system, projectors, interactive whiteboards, and media players;
- Ensuring requested technology is functional for the workshops prior to completion of set-up;
- Communicating and working with the Technology Department staff, workshop facilitators/presenters, and workshop assistants regarding the requirements for each workshop;
- Ensuring a timely set-up of requested technology;
- Verifying that all requested technology is set-up to the satisfaction of the workshop facilitators/presenters;
- Technology hardware and software purchasing research, quote requests, and order placement;
- Initiating, inter-department technology invoicing requests;
- Primary helpdesk contact to receive requests and handle or assign to appropriate Technology Department staff;
- Provide technical support with device hardware and software problems, both to the Agency and to contracting districts;
- Share knowledge with other personnel, particularly in solving application software and hardware problems;
- Work in contracted school districts as needed on general troubleshooting, installation and related technology support tasks;
- Deal with emergency situations at CESA 6 and within districts in a timely fashion;
- Collaborate with Network Administrator, Systems Administrator, other Technology Support Specialists, and consultants;
- Work on CESA 6 and district projects under direction from the Director of IT Services and other Technology Team staff;
- Handle other duties and technology areas as assigned.
The individual hired for this position will meet the following qualifications/skills:
- Have a working knowledge of contemporary desktop components, both hardware and software, tablets and other mobile devices;
- Have a working knowledge of LANs, Internet and servers;
- Ability to use and troubleshoot Microsoft Office Suite, Google Apps, Windows, OS X, iOS, and Android (preferred);
- Have basis to intermediate skills in troubleshooting and resolution;
- Demonstrate proven abilities to learn new technical skills;
- Be able to accept direction and to carry out assigned tasks as instructed;
- Ability to work independently with excellent time management skills and collaboratively as needed;
- Ability to support and communicate with end users in a supportive, non-threatening manner;
- Possess good communication skills, both oral and written;
- Strong orientation to task closure and attention to detail;
- Have excellent customer service focus.
This position may require travel to offsite workshop locations or school districts within the CESA 6 region. Therefore, the individual hired must have their own transportation, a valid driver's license and be willing and able to travel as needed.
Salary: Salary is commensurate with background, education and experience. Salary is competitive within area and state with benefits available.
Application Deadline: Until Filled