Position: Physical Therapy Assistant
Position Posted: August 10, 2016
When: Beginning August/September, 2016
Where: Office Location: Cooperative Educational Service Agency No. 6 (CESA 6)
Program Location: School Districts of Campbellsport, Rosendale/Brandon, Markesan, and North Fond du Lac
Job Description: CESA 6 is seeking to employ a full-time Physical Therapy Assistant, to assist and support the Physical Therapist in the provision of physical therapy services as a related service to students in the school districts within the CESA 6 region.
Job responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Work under the direction and supervision of the Physical Therapist in regards to student related activities. These activities may include:
- Assisting with data collection;
- Assisting the Physical Therapist in carrying out complex procedures and programs;
- Providing direct treatment in accordance with plans developed by the Physical Therapist;
- Observing, recording and reporting to the Physical Therapist conditions, reactions and responses of students.
- Participate in the planning process for the management/maintenance of the physical therapy program;
- Assist the Physical Therapist in the educational setting;
- Carry out other duties as assigned.
The Physical Therapist Assistant will work a normal teaching work-day, unless otherwise arranged by the Coordinator of Related Services or Director of Special Education. Physical Therapy Assistants will be evaluated by the Coordinator of Related Services.
Requirements: The individual hired for this position will have graduated from an accredited Associate Degree program and be licensed by the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction as a Physical Therapy Assistant, as well as have licensure through the Wisconsin Department of Regulation and Licensing. This position is itinerant, so the individual hired must have their own transportation, a valid driver's license and be able to drive between school districts. Strong communication skills are necessary.
Salary: Salary commensurate with education, background and experience. Salary is competitive within area and state. Excellent benefits.
Application Deadline: Until Filled