Postion: Program Assistant
Position Posted: December 21, 2016
When: Starting January, 2017
Where: Office Location: CESA 6 Conference Center, Oshkosh
CESA 6 is seeking to employ a part-time Program Assistant to work approximately 30 hours per week to support several Coordinators at CESA 6. The ideal candidate will to work independently and collaboratively with other staff and departments, maintain regular communication, and multi-task efficiently and accurately in a very fast-paced work environment.
Essential duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Use technology to support assigned projects efficiently (including Google Drive, Excel, Mail Merging, MQR, etc.);
- Work as a team and collaborate effectively with other Program Assistants and Coordinators to meet the needs of the Agency;
- Carry out details for workshops, meetings and conferences including necessary meeting room set ups and take downs;
- Schedule and set up a variety of professional development opportunities;
- Coordinate meetings throughout the state including arranging and coordinating hotel reservations for both sleeping rooms and meeting rooms and any food/equipment needs for the meetings;
- Update appointment calendars;
- Process and track project invoicing;
- Prepare and proof content and materials, including binders/folders/handouts for workshops/meetings and content for flyers and web pages;
- Compose and type routine correspondences;
- Create, distribute and compile survey and feedback forms using Google or Survey Monkey;
- Prepare outgoing mail and correspondence, including e-mail and faxes;
- Be flexible based on project needs and in order to meet timelines;
- Assist others as needed.
The individual hired for this position will meet the following qualifications/skills:
- Strong technology skills – including use of Microsoft Office Suite (including Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Google Drive (Docs), Mail Merging, MQR, etc. with a willingness to learn new technology and webware;
- Strong and effective oral and written communication skills;
- Positive telephone and face-to-face interactions and communication with both internal staff and external customers;
- Ability to prioritize work schedule and manage tasks efficiently as this position will be responsible for reporting to and working with several coordinators and juggling several projects;
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented;
- Ability to work independently and without direct and constant supervision as well as collaboratively as a strong member of a team;
- Eagerness to learn and ask questions when needed;
- Exercise independent judgement;
- Flexibility in work environment and work schedule;
- Possess a high degree of accuracy;
- Ability to handle multiple project demands with a variety of coordinators;
- Have an understanding and respect for confidential information.
Graduation from high school with some post high school training and similar work experience desired. This position does involve minimal travel, therefore, a valid driver's license is required.
Salary: Wage is commensurate with background and experience. Salary is competitive within area and state with benefits available.
Application Deadline: January 5, 2017