Postion: Educational Leader - After School Matters Program
Position Posted: December 2016
When: 2016-2017 School Year
Where: Menasha Joint School District - After School Matters Program - Community Learning Center
- Part-time, school year only
- Afternoon work hours: Monday through Friday - start time between 3:15 - 3:30 p.m.; end time is 5:30 p.m.
- Educational Leaders receive 1.5 hours per week of paid prep for planning
- Program runs on full school days only
Under the supervision of the Site Coordinator, the Educational Leader will develop, implement and lead programs/activities during After School Matters. The Educational Leader will plan activities that incorporate academic skill-building and learning enrichment. The Educational Leader is responsible for advancing the mission of increasing student achievement and fostering a positive attitude toward school and community. In addition, the Educational Leader will provide a team atmosphere with other staff to create a safe, fun, and educational atmosphere.
The primary responsibilities of the After School Matters Educational Leader include:
- Develop, organize, and facilitate age and ability-appropriate interactive learning activities;
- Submit organized weekly activity schedules to the Site Coordinator;
- Utilize Common Core Standards, MJSD benchmarks, and researched-based curriculum to support the development of activities that will produce a highly interactive learning environment during out-of-school time;
- Utilize CLC resources and supplies to support the weekly activities planned
- Provide homework support;
- Work under the daily direction of the Site Coordinator;
- Observe necessary precautions to ensure the safety of program participants and maintain a clean and professional environment;
- Organize necessary supplies for programs/activities;
- Guide assisting staff and volunteers;
- Supervise and monitor the behavior of the participants;
- Enforce rules and regulations and apply appropriate disciplinary measures as needed;
- Utilize PBIS and CHAMPS strategies to manage students;
- Communicate effectively with parents, other CLC staff, and day school teachers concerning activities/programs, participant’s academic struggles and successes, schedule changes, participant’s behavior and needs, upcoming programs, room usage, etc;
- Attend mandatory staff meetings and staff training sessions;
- Perform all additional tasks as assigned by the Site Coordinator.
Requirements: Experience in teaching or planning/facilitating educational activities during out-of-school time programs for ages 4-10. Comfortable and knowledgeable in the planning and creation of targeted activities suitable in an active learning environment. The individual must possess a high school diploma, an Associates or Bachelor degree preferred. Must have certification in First Aid and Infant/Child CPR or have the ability to obtain this documentation. Background in education or youth development a plus.
To Apply: Apply on WECAN or email your resume to: Jill Grambow at email@example.com
Application Deadline: Until filled