Position: Crisis Intervention Specialist - Outagamie County (30 hrs/wk)
Position Posted: August 10, 2016
When: Starting August/September 2016
Where: Outagamie County
Program Location: Kaukauna, WI
Job Description: CESA 6 is seeking to employ a part-time Crisis Intervention Specialist (30 hours a week) in our Individualized Youth Services Program in Outagamie County. The person hired for this position will work individually with severe emotionally disturbed children through providing respite services, case management, supervision of paraprofessionals (Youth Mentors), daily living skills training and crisis response. Primary responsibilities include:
- Ongoing contact with the IYS Program Director;
- Case management - professional representation at meetings, assist with ongoing case reviews, phone calls and service documentation;
- Crisis response - rotating 24-hour-on-call shifts with other crisis intervention staff;
- Overseeing IYS Program Youth Mentors, scheduling, performance reviews, and active participation in staff meetings and trainings;
- Ability to interact well with severely emotionally disturbed children by providing individual respite services, and daily living skills training in the child's home or community setting.
During the school year, these children go to school all day and are then transported to our facility and other community based destinations for individualized services. During the summer, the children are in the program all day. The routine with these children includes social skills curriculum, crafts and activities, meal time and chores. Outings may include trips to the YMCA, libraries, museums, pools, parks and other community-based activities.
Requirements: A Bachelor's degree or equivalent work history in the human services related field strongly desired; a valid driver's license is required. Strongly prefer an individual living in Outagamie County or a willingness to relocate to the area due to the crisis intervention availability. The individual must have leadership abilities, previous supervision experience is preferred.
Salary: Salary is commensurate with education, background and experience. Salary is competitive within area and state. Excellent benefits. A full-time benefit package is included.
Deadline: August 21, 2016