Postion: After School Educational Leader
Position Posted: December 21, 2016
Where: BRAVE (Building Resiliency, Assets and Values in Everyone)
When: 2016-2017 School Year
* Part-time, school year only
* Afternoon work hours: Monday through Friday - start time between 3:00 p.m.; end time is 5:15 p.m.
* Program runs on full school days only
The BRAVE (Building Resiliency, Assets and Values in Everyone) Community Learning Center offers support to students and families through a variety of programming through the Ripon Area School District. The after school program mixes homework help, tutoring and enrichment activities to offer reliable, high-quality opportunities for students in grades kindergarten through 8th grade. The BRAVE program is seeking reliable and dedicated individuals to work with students in academic and enrichment areas, in an after school setting. Individuals seeking experience working with students are welcome to apply. Applications will be accepted until all positional are filled.
* Develop, organize, and facilitate age and ability-appropriate interactive learning activities;
* Submit organized weekly activity schedules to the Site Coordinator;
* Utilize Common Core Standards, Ripon Area School District benchmarks, and researched-based curriculum to support the development of activities that will produce a highly interactive learning environment during out-of-school time;
* Utilize CLC resources and supplies to support the weekly activities planned
* Provide homework support;
* Work under the daily direction of the Site Coordinator;
* Observe necessary precautions to ensure the safety of program participants and maintain a clean and professional environment;
* Organize necessary supplies for programs/activities;
* Guide assisting staff and volunteers;
* Supervise and monitor the behavior of the participants;
* Enforce rules and regulations and apply appropriate disciplinary measures as needed;
* Utilize PBIS strategies to manage students;
* Communicate effectively with parents, other CLC staff, and day school teachers concerning activities/programs, participant’s academic struggles and successes, schedule changes, participant’s behavior and needs, upcoming programs, room usage, etc;
* Attend mandatory staff meetings and staff training sessions;
* Perform all additional tasks as assigned by the Site Coordinator.
Requirements: Experience working with students ages 4-14 in a school setting. Comfortable and knowledgeable in the planning and creation of targeted activities suitable in an active learning environment. The individual must possess a high school diploma, an Associates or Bachelor degree preferred. Must have certification in First Aid and Infant/Child CPR or have the ability to obtain this documentation. Background in education or youth development a plus.
Application Deadline: Until filled