Postion: Community Learning Center Special Services Aide
Position Posted: December 2016
When: 2016-2017 School Year
Where: Menasha Joint School District - Community Learning Center
* Part-time, August to June
* Work schedule will depend on schedule determined for the student
* Program runs only on full school daysPosition is 2.5 hours per day depending on location and student schedule
Under the supervision of the CLC Site Coordinator, the Special Services Aide will support and assist a wheelchair bound student with special needs during the After School Matters program. The Special Services Aide will work to make a successful environment for the student while integrating the student into the existing CLC programming and schedule. Techniques and strategies that are helpful to the student during the school day will be utilized by the Special Services Aide and goals will be set with the student in order to focus on successfully increasing student achievement and fostering a positive attitude toward school and community. The Special Services Aide will provide a team atmosphere with other staff to create a safe, fun, and educational atmosphere within the CLC programs.
* Provide self care support for the student with special needs
* Guide and support the student in an effort to provide a successful and inclusive experience
* Reference and utilize the student’s IEP in order to meet the needs of the student
* Use effective strategies and techniques to assist students with their individual needs in order to be successful throughout the CLC program
* Communicate with day school teachers and parents in order to meet the needs of the student and relay the successes and challenges of the student
* Communicate with Educational Leaders and the Site Coordinator on the needs of the student and the progress/setbacks
* Provide an encouraging environment focused on the mission of increasing student achievement and fostering a positive attitude toward school and community
* Observe necessary precautions to ensure the safety of program participants and maintain a clean and professional environment
* Enforce rules and regulations and apply appropriate disciplinary measures as needed.
* Attend mandatory staff meetings and staff training sessions
* Perform additional tasks as assigned by the Site Coordinator
The job qualifications include experience working with youth with special needs ages 5-13; experience in education, out-of-school learning, youth development or human services is desirable; knowledge of IEP and 504 plans. The candidate must have certification in First Aid and Infant/Child CPR.