Postion: IT Service Support Technician
Position Posted: December 2, 2016
When: Starting December 2016/January 2017
Where: Oshkosh Area School District
CESA 6 is seeking to employ a full-time IT Service Support Technician to work in the Oshkosh Area School District supporting end users of the district's technology systems. Primary responsibilities for this position include categorizing, researching, and resolving instructional technology help tickets.
The essential function of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Work with district technology specialists to facilitate work ticket resolution and project completion;
- Support district improvement goals and implement strategies to accomplish those goals;
- Identify, install and inspect new computer, audio visual and telecommunication systems;
- Maintain network, computer, tablet, audio visual, and telecommunication systems ;
- Provide school personnel with information on various hardware and software products when applicable;
- Stay current in knowledge of state of the art technologies, equipment, communication system installation and troubleshooting;
- Stay current on trends and developments in data technologies;
- Coordinate and manage technology projects including vendor oversight;
- Assist with the design, recommendation and oversight of computer networks;
- Document and report improvements and efficiencies;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The individual hired for this position will meet the following qualifications/skills:
- Have completed a minimum of a two-year associate degree in computer technology or related field;
- Work experience in computer hardware and software support preferred;
- Experience in installing and troubleshooting hardware using Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, and Chrome operating systems;
- Experience in software installation and troubleshooting for Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, and Chrome operating systems;
- Experience in audio/visual and telecommunications service and support preferred;
- Knowledge of computer hardware and software applications in instructional and administrative environment preferred;
- Ability to interact tactfully and effectively with all persons encountered on the job;
- Ability to move and/or lift furniture, supplies and other items encountered on the job;
- Maintain a valid Wisconsin driver’s license;
- Available to work overtime when appropriate;
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the school board may find appropriate and acceptable.
Salary: Salary is commensurate with background, education and experience. Salary is competitive within area and state with benefits available.
Application Deadline: December 12, 2016